smc foundation diploma – Physical Education
Entry Recommendations: Open entry
Course Outline: Students of all abilities have the opportunity to experience success in Physical Education. They will learn in, through and about movement using a variety of physical activities and develop their understanding of how movement is integral to Hauora. There are opportunities to improve performance, enjoy outdoor experiences in our region and critically explore a sociology area of interest.
Skills developed in the course:
- A wide range of motor skills
- Personal and social skills
- Self esteem and confidence
- An understanding of the function of the body through movement
- Crucial perspective of physical activity influences
- Outdoor education experience
Course Costs: $500 for outdoor experiences.
The course leads to: NCEA Level 2 Physical Education, NCEA Level 2 LEAP, NCEA Level 2 Health Studies.
- Participation – Practical (ongoing) – 20%
- Performance – Practical – 30%
- Research Project – 30%
- Written Test – 20%