NCEA Level 1 Physical Education with Health
Number of Credits: PE=17 and Health=11
Entry Recommendations: Open entry. Note: Students may enrol in either NCEA Level 1 Physical Education with Health or the NCEA Level 1 Health Studies course.
Course Outline: Students taking this course will be offered 17 credits of Physical Education and 11 credits in Health Studies. Students will have four periods per week of Physical Education and two periods per week of Health Studies. As part of the Physical Education component, students will study biophysical principles relating to the duathlon and other sporting activities, as well as participating in a range of practical activities, including an outdoor education experience. As part of the Health Studies component, students will study personal well-being, sexuality, and alcohol and drugs.
Skills developed in the course:
- A wide range of motor skills
- Personal and social skills
- Self esteem and confidence
- Interpersonal skills to enhance relationships
- An understanding of the function of the body through movement
- Strategies to support positive well-being
- Outdoor education experience
Course Costs: $250 – Self-defence, and an outdoor experience.
The course leads to: NCEA Level 2 Physical Education, NCEA Level 2 LEAP, NCEA Level 2 Health Studies.