NCEA Level 1 Human Biology
Number of Credits: 18
Entry Recommendation: Open entry.
Course Outline: The standards chosen for the Human Biology course provide a foundation for Year 12 Biology. They cover body systems, genetics and ecological interactions. All aspects of the course provide opportunities for experimental work and the application of biological concepts to everyday life.
Skills developed in the course:
- Experimental design with data analysis and evaluation
- Application of concepts to everyday situations
- Communication of scientific ideas
- Ability to access and select information using a range of sources
- Laboratory practical skills
- Investigate biological systems
Course costs: Field Trip $15
This course leads to: NCEA Level 2 Biology or IB Biology or IB Environmental Systems