SMC Foundation Diploma – Drama
This course will enable students to:
- Explore drama in a variety of contexts
- Understand and engage in the process of transforming ideas into action
- Develop and apply drama production, presentation, and performance skills, working both independently and collaboratively
This course leads to: NCEA Level 2 Drama and IB Theatre Arts
There will be six equally weighted assessment opportunities offered throughout the year of which students must choose FOUR.
Drama Performance Portfolio
- Student directed solo/group performance – 25%
- Teacher directed solo/group performance – 25%
Drama Processes Portfolio
- Drama creation – devising – 25%
- Practical exploration – theatre form – 25%
- Possible options: makeup, lighting, costume, sound – 25%
- Understanding drama in context – 25%
A reflective journal is also a required component of the Drama Foundation Diploma Course.