SMC Foundation Diploma – Dance
This course will enable students to:
- Explore dance in a variety of contexts
- Develop personal dance vocabulary
- Understand and engage in the process of transforming ideas into choreography
- Develop and apply dance production, presentation, performance skills, and technologies, working both independently and collaboratively
This course leads to: NCEA Level 2 Dance and IB Dance
There will be six equally weighted assessment opportunities offered throughout the year of which students must choose FOUR.
- Teacher directed group performance – 25%
- Student directed solo/group performance – 25%
- Group Choreography – 25%
- Solo Choreography – 25%
Dance Technologies and Media
- Possible options: makeup, lighting, costume, film, photography – 25%
- Genre study – 25%
A reflective journal is also a required component of the Dance Foundation Course.