NCEA Level 3 LEAP – Leadership, Exercise, Attitude and Performance
Number of Credits: 22
Entry Recommendations: Open entry.
Course Outline: Students will develop the opportunity to further fulfil the key dimensions of the LEAP PE course through leading others, exercise, having a positive attitude and enhancing performance across a range of physical activities. The emphasis is on learning through experimental physical activity and gaining valuable vocational skills in the Physical Education, Health and Outdoor Recreation Industries.
Skills developed in the course:
- A variety of physical skills
- Experience a variety of recreational activities
- Leadership of others through coaching
- Safety management strategies in the outdoors
- Demonstrate knowledge of recreational patterns in New Zealand
Course Costs: Surfing lessons and experience $300. Rock Climbing $300.
Assessment: (Please note that this subject is NOT an approved University Entrance (UE) subject).