NCEA Level 3 Design
Number of Credits: 22
Entry Recommendations: Any NCEA Level 2 Visual Art subject or entry in consultation with the Head of Visual Arts Faculty.
Course Outline: This course will involve two parts:
- Workbook studies and practical submissions covering artist research, drawing and media studies and idea development.
- Portfolio – an externally assessed three-panel folio which is thematically linked and demonstrates a range of media and development of ideas.
Skills developed in the course:
- Understand and analyse contexts, meanings and technological influences related to the production and value of design in artists and their own work.
- Apply understanding from research in to materials, processes and techniques to extend and refine skills within design.
- Generate, analyse clarify and regenerate ideas and options within design using a systematic approach.
- Research and analyse approaches and theories related to design practice and critically reflect, respond to, and evaluate art works.
Course Costs: $150 to cover Art materials and digital printing.
Assessment: Components of this course will be selected from the following standards to suit individual learning needs.
Produce a systematic body of work that integrates conventions and regenerates ideas with design practice
Assessment Period - Term 4, Week 3
Use drawing to demonstrate understanding of conventions appropriate to design
Assessment Period - Term 1, Week 8
Systematically clarify ideas using drawing informed by established design practice
Assessment Period - Term 3, Week 3