NCEA Level 3 Chemistry
Number of Credits: 18-21
Entry Recommendations: NCEA Level 2 Chemistry.
Course Outline: This course builds on NCEA Level 2 Chemistry with more study in atomic structure, bond energy, equilibrium, acids and bases, volumetric analysis, redox, organics and transition metals.
Skills developed in the course:
- Experimental design with data analysis and evaluation
- Application of concepts to everyday situations
- Communication of scientific ideas
- Ability to access and select information using a range of sources
- Laboratory practical skills
Course Costs: Course notes $20. Education Perfect online study tool $25, ICAS competition $9.50 (optional)
Assessment: Components of this course will be selected from the following standards to suit individual learning needs.