NCEA Level 3 Chemistry
Number of Credits: up to 21
Entry Recommendations: NCEA Level 2 Chemistry.
Course Outline: This course builds on NCEA Level 2 Chemistry. This course covers atomic structure, bonding and properties of substances, organic chemistry, spectroscopy, thermochemistry and oxidation-reduction.
Skills developed in the course:
- Experimental design with data analysis and evaluation
- Application of concepts to everyday situations
- Communication of scientific ideas
- Ability to access and select information using a range of sources
- Laboratory practical skills
Assessment: Components of this course will be selected from the following standards to suit individual learning needs.