NCEA Level 2 Physics
Number of Credits: 19
Entry Recommendations: Students who have completed a Year 11 physics course will be at a significant advantage for this course.
Course Outline: Students will investigate trends and relationships in physical phenomena in the areas of mechanics, waves, electricity and electromagnetism.
Skills developed in the course:
- Experimental design with data analysis and evaluation
- Application of concepts to everyday situations
- Communication of scientific ideas
- Ability to access and select information using a range of sources
- Laboratory practical skills
This course leads to: NCEA Level 3 Physics.
Assessment: Components of this course will be selected from the following standards to suit individual learning needs.