NCEA Level 2 Photography
Number of Credits: up to 20
Entry Recommendations: NCEA Level 1 Visual Arts course (Painting and Printmaking or Photography and Design) or entry in consultation with Head of Visual Arts Faculty.
Course Outline: This course will involve two parts:
- Workbook studies and practical submissions covering artist research, photographs, drawing, media studies and idea development.
- Portfolio – an externally assessed two-panel folio which is thematically linked and demonstrates a range of media and development of ideas.
Skills developed in the course:
- Understand and analyse the influences of contexts on the characteristics and production of photographs and their own work.
- Apply and extend understanding of a range of conventions from photography practice, using appropriate processes and procedures.
- Develop technical understanding of a range of photographic media.
- Generate, anaylse and extend ideas, showing understanding of photography practice.
- Research and analyse how photographs are constructed and interpreted to communicate meanings.
Digital SLR cameras are available for use. Own SLR Digital Camera is an advantage.
$100 – materials – digital photo printing
This course leads to: NCEA Level 3 Photography.
Assessment: Components of this course will be selected from the following standards to suit individual learning needs.