NCEA Level 2 Painting
Number of Credits: up to 20
Entry Recommendations: NCEA Level 1 Visual Arts or entry in consultation with the Head of Visual Arts Faculty.
Course Outline: This course will involve two parts:
- Workbook studies and practical submissions covering artist research, drawing and media studies and idea development.
- Portfolio – an externally assessed two-panel folio which is thematically linked and demonstrates a range of media and development of ideas.
Skills developed in the course:
- Understand and analyse the influences of contexts on the characteristics and production of art and their own work.
- Apply and extend understanding of a range of conventions from art practice, using appropriate processes and procedures.
- Develop technical understanding of a range of art media.
- Generate, anaylse and extend ideas, showing understanding of art practice.
- Research and analyse how artworks are constructed and interpreted to communicate meanings.
Course Costs: $200 to cover Art materials, workbook, and printing.
This course leads to: NCEA Level 3 Printmaking, NCEA Level 3 Painting.
Assessment: Components of this course will be selected from the following standards to suit individual learning needs.