NCEA Level 2 LEAP – Leadership, Exercise, Attitude and Performance
Number of Credits: 16
Entry Recommendations: Open entry.
Students will develop the opportunity to fulfil the key dimensions of the LEAP PE course through leading others, exercise, having a positive attitude and enhancing performance across a range of physical activities. The emphasis is on learning through experimental physical activity and gaining valuable vocational skills in the Physical Education and Health Industry.
Skills developed in the course:
- A variety of physical skills
- Leadership of self and others
- An understanding of the fitness industry
- An understanding of the role of physical activity in the lives of young people in New Zealand
- Risk management in the outdoors
- Outdoor education experiences
Course Costs: Physical activity experiences $500
This course leads to: NCEA Level 3 LEAP, Level 3 Physical Education