NCEA Level 2 LEAP – Leadership, Exercise, Attitude and Performance
Number of Credits: 16
Entry Recommendations: Open entry.
Students will develop the opportunity to fulfil the key dimensions of the LEAP PE course through leading others, exercise, having a positive attitude and enhancing performance across a range of physical activities. The emphasis is on learning through experimental physical activity and gaining valuable vocational skills in the Physical Education and Health Industry. There is currently an option for a two day summer and winter camp depending on course numbers.
Skills developed in the course:
- A variety of physical skills
- An understanding of how groups develop to become effective units
- An understanding of the fitness industry
- Leadership or self and others
- Risk management in the outdoors
- Outdoor education experiences
Course Costs: Physical activity experiences approximately $500
This course leads to: NCEA Level 3 LEAP, Level 3 Physical Education