NCEA Level 2 Chemistry
Number of Credits: up to 23
Entry Recommendation: Merit or above in Level 1 Science 90934 or Achievement in all aspects of Level 1 Chemistry or in consultation with the Head of Faculty.
Course Outline: This course covers energetics of chemical reactions, chemical equilibrium, volumetric and qualitative analysis, atomic chemistry, organic chemistry and oxidation-reduction.
Skills developed in the course:
- Experimental design with data analysis and evaluation
- Application of concepts to everyday situations
- Communication of scientific ideas
- Ability to access and select information using a range of sources
- Laboratory practical skills
Course Costs: $20 for write-on notes.
This course leads to: NCEA Level 3 Chemistry.
Assessment: Components of this course will be selected from the following standards to suit individual learning needs.