NCEA Level 1 Creative Technologies – Creative Media
Number of Credits: 18
Entry Recommendations: Open entry.
Course Outline: This course will encourage students to develop ideas to create a contemporary digital product. Students are encouraged to follow their interest and passion to create their product. They can also combine skills from other subjects e.g. Music, Art, other Technologies, into their work.
This course is both interesting and challenging encouraging students to negotiate their own path of study and requires time management, organisational, communication and design skills. Students are expected to work both individually and in groups as well as participating in extension activities and outside the classroom learning opportunities. Students will have access to a range of guest speakers and industry representatives who will feedback directly on student projects.
Skills developed in this course can be chosen from a range of the following:
- Use of vector drawing tools to create original computer graphics
- Application of layout and design principles relating to digital documents
- Computer programming to produce an outcome
- Creating and using a flat-file database to analyse information
- Use of Google Forms Application to collect and analyse data
- Use of editing tools to create digital film or animation
This course leads to: NCEA Level 2 Creative Technologies – Creative Media
Assessment: Components of this course will be selected from the following standards to suit individual learning needs.