GOOGLE CLASSROOM ADD-ONS
These add-ons I’ve evaluated to be useful – they’re not just a long list!
Is a Google Chrome Extension you need to install.
If you are using Google Classroom to send out an assignment that you create as a Google Doc or Google Slide template for students to type on, this extension allows you to send out a template with comment boxes along the side of the template. Watch the video for more info.
Is a website that allows you to convert a pdf file to a Word File. This can then be converted to a Google Doc to be then distributed as an assignment in Google Classroom. PLEASE ensure you comply with any copyright on the pdf file.
- Process is
- Go to the website https://pdfcandy.com/pdf-to-docx.html
- Add your PDF file from your computer or Google Drive
- Download the converted file to your laptop or Google Drive
- Upload to Google Doc’s if not already there and then Open the file as a Google Doc to convert from Word to Google Doc
- The converter site does a nice job (generally – not 100% of the time) of retaining the formatting of the original PDF document.
- When converted to a Word file, it also allows you to copy/paste material from or into the document to other places.