Parent-Teacher Meetings, Reports and Examinations
There are three sets of interviews with parents throughout the year.
- Early in Term 1 – a tutor/parent/student goal setting interview which includes the setting of academic goals.
- Late Term 1 – parent/teacher interviews to discuss individual academic progress.
- Term 3 – parent/teacher interviews to discuss individual academic progress.
Parents are welcome to contact a student’s tutor to discuss individual academic progress at other times during the year.
There are three written reports during the school year, in full and half year courses.
- Term 1 – an interim report is issued.
- Term 2 – a full report is completed to provide an overview of the first half of the year.
- September – for Years 11-13 (excluding Year 12 IB), a full report is written after school examinations to indicate student progress before external examinations in November.
- November – for Year 12 IB, a full report is written after school examinations in November.
For students sitting NCEA Examinations:
- School examinations in August
- External NCEA examinations in November
For students in the IB Programme:
- Year 12 IB – school examinations in November
- Year 13 IB – school examinations in August
- Year 13 IB – final course examinations in November