NCEA Level 1 Physics
Number of Credits: 20
Entry Recommendations: Open entry, although students with strong mathematical skills will be at an advantage.
Course Outline: Students will investigate trends and relationships in physical phenomena in the areas of mechanics, electricity, electromagnetism, light and waves, and heat. They will demonstrate an understanding of physical phenomena and concepts by explaining and solving questions and problems that relate to everyday situations.
Skills developed in the course:
- Experimental design with data analysis and evaluation
- Application of concepts to everyday situations
- Communication of scientific ideas
- Ability to access and select information using a range of sources
- Laboratory practical skills
Course Costs: Approximately $20 to cover course notes, ICAS Science Competition (optional) entry fee $7.50.
This course leads to: NCEA Level 2 Physics or IB Physics.