NCEA Level 1 Physical Education with Health
Number of Credits: PE=21 and Health=12
Entry Recommendations: Open entry. Note: Students may enrol in either NCEA Level 1 Physical Education with Health or the NCEA Level 1 Health Studies course.
Course Outline: This course is an alternative to Level 1 Physical Activity, as all Year 11 students must enrol in either Level 1 Physical Activity or Level 1 Physical Education with Health. Students taking this course will be offered 21 credits in Physical Education as well as 12 additional credits in Health Studies. Students will have four periods per week of Physical Education and two periods of Health Studies.
Skills developed in the course:
- A wide range of motor skills
- Personal and social skills
- Self esteem and confidence
- Interpersonal skills to enhance relationships
- An understanding of the function of the body through movement
- Strategies to support positive well-being
Course Costs: $100, which includes a field trip for Adventure Based Learning and Self-defence, and a write-on Health Education workbook.
The course leads to: NCEA Level 2 Physical Education, NCEA Level 2 Health Studies and IB Sports, Exercise and Health Science