NCEA Level 1 Human Biology
Number of Credits: 19
Entry Recommendation: Open entry.
Course Outline: The standards chosen for the Human Biology course provide a foundation for Level 2 Biology. They cover core body systems, genetics and human disease. All aspects of the course provide opportunities for experimental work and the application of biological concepts to everyday life. Students may take either Level 1 Human Biology or Level 1 Science, but not both.
Skills developed in the course:
- Experimental design with data analysis and evaluation
- Application of concepts to everyday situations
- Communication of scientific ideas
- Ability to access and select information using a range of sources
- Laboratory practical skills
Course costs: Course notes $20, Education Perfect (online study tool) $25
This course leads to: NCEA Level 2 Biology or IB Biology.