NCEA Level 3 Physics
Number of Credits: 19
Entry Recommendations: Merit grade or higher in the external achievement standards of NCEA Level 2 Physics or in consultation with the Head of Faculty. Level 3 Calculus is a significant advantage.
Course Outline: Students will investigate trends and relationships in physical phenomena in the areas of mechanics, electricity, waves and modern physics.
Skills developed in the course:
- Experimental design with data analysis and evaluation
- Application of concepts to everyday situations
- Communication of scientific ideas
- Ability to access and select information using a range of sources
- Laboratory practical skills
Costs: Course Notes $20, Education Perfect (online study tool) $25, optional ICAS Science Competition entry fee $8.50