NCEA Level 3 Photography
Number of Credits: 22
Entry Recommendations: NCEA Level 2 Photography or entry in consultation with the Head of Visual Art Faculty.
Course Outline: This course will involve two parts:
- Workbook studies and practical submissions covering artist research, drawing and photographic media studies and idea development.
- Portfolio – an externally assessed three-panel folio which is thematically linked and demonstrates a range of photographic media and development of ideas.
Skills developed in the course:
- Understand and analyse contexts, meanings and technological influences related to the production and value of art-works in artists and their own work.
- Apply understanding from research into materials, processes and techniques to extend and refine skills within photography.
- Generate, analyse clarify and regenerate ideas and options within photography using a systematic approach.
- Research and analyse approaches and theories related to photography practice and critically reflect, respond to, and evaluate art works.
Course Costs: : $150 for Art materials, digital printing, Adobe software package and workshops (if not completed at Level 2).
Assessment: Components of this course will be selected from the following standards to suit individual learning needs.