NCEA Level 3 LEAP – Leadership, Exercise, Attitude and Performance
Number of Credits: 22
Entry Recommendations: Open entry.
Course Outline: Students will develop the opportunity to further fulfil the key dimensions of the LEAP PE course through leading others, exercise, having a positive attitude and enhancing performance across a range of physical activities. The emphasis is on learning through experimental physical activity and gaining valuable vocational skills in the Physical Education and Health Industry.
Skills developed in the course:
- A variety of physical skills
- Experience a variety of recreational activities
- Leadership of others through coaching
- Safety management strategies in the outdoors
- Demonstrate knowledge of recreational patterns in New Zealand
Course Costs: Physical activity experiences $40, Surfing lessons and experience $300