NCEA Level 3 Geography
Number of Credits: up to 23
Entry Recommendations: Open entry. Completion of NCEA Level 1 and Level 2 Geography is an advantage.
Course Outline: This course investigates elements of our environment and the people who live within it. A variety of geography-specific skills, knowledge and concepts are developed in depth throughout including the study of coastal geomorphology, marine and cultural processes focussing on the Canterbury coastline. Students complete a field trip to local beaches as part of their study. The cultural process of tourism is also studied with a focus on the Gold Coast as a case study region.
Skills developed in the course:
- Collection and analysis of information
- Using information to solve problems
- Clear reporting of facts and ideas
- Ability to work collaboratively
- An understanding of the reasons for people’s decisions and actions
- Geographic spatial skills
Course Costs: Canterbury coastline field trips $20, Gold Coast field trip (optional) $2,500 approximately.
Assessment: Components of this course will be selected from the following standards to suit individual learning needs.