NCEA Level 3 Design
Number of Credits: 22
Entry Recommendations: NCEA Level 2 Design or entry in consultation with the Head of Visual Arts Faculty.
Course Outline: This course will involve two parts:
- Workbook studies and practical submissions covering artist research, drawing and media studies and idea development.
- Portfolio – an externally assessed three-panel folio which is thematically linked and demonstrates a range of media and development of ideas.
Skills developed in the course:
- Understand and analyse contexts, meanings and technological influences related to the production and value of design in artists and their own work.
- Apply understanding from research in to materials, processes and techniques to extend and refine skills within design.
- Generate, anaylse clarify and regenerate ideas and options within design using a systematic approach.
- Research and analyse approaches and theories related to design practice and crically reflect, respond to, and evaluate art works.
Course Costs: $150 to cover Art materials, digital printing, Adobe software package and workshops (if not completed at Level 2)
Assessment: Components of this course will be selected from the following standards to suit individual learning needs.