NCEA Level 3 Calculus
Number of Credits: 21
Entry Recommendations: 17 Mathematics credits including Achievement Standards 91261 Algebra and 91262 Calculus, both with Merit, and an Achieved grade in 91256 Co-ordinate Geometry, 91257 Graphing, 91259 Trigonometry and 91267 Probability, or in consultation with the Head of Faculty.
Course Outline: This course develops an understanding of the calculus, algebraic and trigonometric concepts introduced at Level 2.
Skills developed in the course:
- Exploring functions: polynomial, exponential, logarithmic and trigonometric
- Differentiating functions
- Integrating functions
- Manipulating complex numbers
- Solving equations
- Using trigonometric modelling
- Proving trigonometric identities
Costs: Approximately $25 for workbook, $100 for a Casio graphics calculator and $25 for an online tutor software subscription.