NCEA Level 3 Calculus
Number of Credits: 21
Entry Recommendations: 16 Mathematics credits including Achievement Standards 91261 Algebra and 91262 Calculus, both with Merit, and an Achieved grade in 91257 Graphing, 91259 Trigonometry and 91267 Probability, or in consultation with the Head of Faculty.
Course Outline: This course develops an understanding of the calculus, algebraic and trigonometric concepts introduced at Level 2.
Skills developed in the course:
- Exploring functions: polynomial, exponential, logarithmic and trigonometric
- Differentiating functions
- Integrating functions
- Manipulating complex numbers
- Solving equations
- Using trigonometric modelling
- Proving trigonometric identities
Costs: Approximately $25 for workbook, $100 for a Casio graphics calculator and $25 for an online tutor software subscription.