NCEA Level 2 Te reo Maori
Number of Credits: up to 18
Entry Recommendations: Completion of Year 11 Te Reo Maori or in consultation with the Head of Faculty.
Course Outline: This course emphasises personal experience. Students learn to communicate about familiar situations and topics, such as the people in their lives, home and school routines, holidays, geography and weather, entertainment and social arrangements. Students acquire language structures and language features to communicate successfully about present, past and future events, including giving reasons and expressing an opinion.
Skills developed in the course:
- Intercultural communicative competence
- Listening skills: understanding of spoken texts of most immediate relevance
- Reading skills: understanding of written and visual texts of most immediate relevance
- Speaking skills: communicating orally using familiar language
- Writing skills: communicating in writing on familiar topics
Course Costs: Approximately $100 to cover online subscriptions, competitions, stationery, and course workbook.
The course leads to: NCEA Level 3 Te Reo Maori
Assessment: Components of this course will be selected from the following standards to suit individual learning needs.