NCEA Level 2 Physical Education
Number of Credits: 19
Entry Recommendations: Open entry.
Course Outline: Students will study bio-physical principles relating to learning physical skills and training for physical activities. This course has a strong theoretical and written component that is applied in practical physical activities. From time to time students will travel out of the school grounds during class time. There is a two-day camp included in the course. Much of the assessment is through written assignments and students taking this course must be well-organised and self-motivated as Level 2 Physical Education offers internally assessed Achievement Standards only.
Skills developed in the course:
- An understanding of bio-physical skills in relation to motor skill learning
- An understanding of how to apply bio-physical principles to a training programme
- A variety of physical skills
- Social responsibility in a physical setting
- An understanding and development of group processing skills
Course Costs: Physical Activity Experiences $50.
The course leads to: NCEA Level 3 Physical Education and NCEA Level 3 Health Studies.