NCEA Level 2 Japanese
Number of Credits: up to 24
Entry Recommendations: Completion of NCEA Level 1 Japanese or in consultation with the Head of Faculty.
Course Outline: This course moves from the immediate self, emphasised at Level 1, to focusing on perspectives of others. Students further develop linguistic and intercultural competence acquired in Level 1 Japanese. They learn to convey and exchange information, ideas and opinions about familiar situations and topics, such as future plans, education, Japanese food and customs, leisure and latest trends in Japan.
Skills developed in the course:
- Intercultural communicative competence
- Listening skills: understanding of spoken texts on familiar matters
- Reading skills: understanding of written and visual texts on familiar matters
- Speaking skills: communicating orally using effective language
- Writing skills: communicating in writing about a variety of familiar topics
Course Costs: Approximately $80 to cover kanji book, activity book, online subscription and competitions.
The course leads to: NCEA Level 3 Japanese.
Assessment: Components of this course will be selected from the following standards to suit individual learning needs.