NCEA Level 2 Geography
Number of Credits: up to 23
Entry Recommendations: Open entry. NCEA Level 1 Geography is recommended but not required.
Course Outline: This course is about our environment and the people who live in it. The focus is on the environment, resource use, cultures, spatial patterns and issues relating to people’s interaction with one another from a local to international level. Both physical and human geographic topics are studied. Large natural environment, differences in development, global topics and geographic issues are covered in the course.
Skills developed in the course:
- Collection and analysis of information
- Using information to solve problems
- Clear reporting of facts and ideas
- Ability to work collaboratively
- An understanding of the reasons for people’s decisions and actions
- Geographic spatial skills
Course Costs: West Coast field trip expenses, $250.
This course leads to: NCEA Level 3 Geography.
Assessment: Components of this course will be selected from the following standards to suit individual learning needs.