NCEA Level 2 Design
Number of Credits: up to 24
Entry Requirements: NCEA Level 1 Visual Arts is required or entry in consultation with the Head of Visual Arts Faculty.
Course Outline: The course will involve two parts:
- Workbook studies and practical submissions covering artist research, drawing and media studies and idea development.
- Portfolio, an externally assessed two-panel folio which is thematically linked and demonstrates a range of media and development of ideas.
Skills developed in the course:
- Understand and analyse the influences of contexts on the characteristics and production of design and their own work.
- Apply and extend understanding of a range of conventions from design practice, using appropriate processes and procedures.
- Develop technical understanding of a range of design media
- Generate, anaylse and extend ideas, showing understanding of design practice.
- Research and analyse how designs are constructed and interpreted to communicate meanings.
Course Costs: $300 to cover materials, digital printing, software package and workshops.
This course leads to: NCEA Level 3 Design.
Assessment: Components of this course will be selected from the following standards to suit individual learning needs.