NCEA Level 2 Chinese
Number of Credits: up to 19
Entry Recommendations: Completion of NCEA Level 1 Chinese or in consultation with the Head of Faculty.
Course Outline: This course moves from the immediate self, emphasised at Level 1, to focusing on perspectives of others. Students further develop linguistic and intercultural competence acquired in Level 1 Chinese. They learn to convey and exchange information, ideas and opinions about familiar situations and topics, such as future plans, health and well-being, leisure, and latest trends in the culture.
Skills developed in the course
- Intercultural communicative competence
- Listening skills: understanding of spoken texts on familiar matters
- Reading skills: understanding of written and visual texts on familiar matters
- Speaking skills: communicating orally using effective language
- Writing skills: communicating in writing about a variety of familiar topics
Course Costs: Approximately $75 to cover field trips, online subscription, competitions and student workbook.
The course leads to: NCEA Level 3 Chinese.
Assessment: Components of this course will be selected from the following standards to suit individual learning needs. Students must choose either AS 91110 or AS 91112 and may choose AS 91109 as an additional optional Achievement Standard.