NCEA Level 2 Chinese
Number of Credits: up to 19
Entry Recommendations: Completion of NCEA Level 1 Chinese or in consultation with the Head of Faculty.
Course Outline: This course moves from the immediate self, emphasised at Level 1, to focusing on perspectives of others. Students further develop linguistic and intercultural competence acquired in Level 1 Chinese. They learn to convey and exchange information, ideas and opinions about familiar situations and topics, such as future plans, health and well-being, leisure, and latest trends in the culture.
Skills developed in the course
- Intercultural communicative competence
- Listening skills: understanding of spoken texts on familiar matters
- Reading skills: understanding of written and visual texts on familiar matters
- Speaking skills: communicating orally using effective language
- Writing skills: communicating in writing about a variety of familiar topics
Course Costs: Approximately $80 to cover field trips, online subscription, competitions and student workbook.
The course leads to: NCEA Level 3 Chinese.
Assessment: Components of this course will be selected from the following standards to suit individual learning needs.